Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Big Problem with MySql

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Big Problem with MySql

    Hi Guys!

    I am new here and having a big problem with mysql installed on my localhost through XAMPP. I am developing a website using joomla. I am no programmer that’s why I send my post here looking for solution. Hopefully all you guys with ideas/ experiences / knowledge can help me!

    The Idea:
    I want to change the “root” user. As XAMPP mentioned it’s not that secured using “root” as your username. So through “phpMyAdmin” i try to change the “root” username.

    The Scenario:

    1) I went in “phpMyAdmin” and go to privileges and stupidly edit “root” user privilege. I change the password…that’s ok. But when I changed the username everything gone. It says "Cannot connect: invalid settings. " and when I access my joomla webpage (on localhost) it says “mysql database access denied”
    2) So I went into “XAMPP” and there is a feature under security where you can change your “root” password. I set my new password and now I can login in phpMyAdmin.

    The Problem:

    I still can’t access my joomla webpage. It still says "Cannot connect: invalid settings.” How do I this?
    a) Are all the databases under that root user gone?
    b) If yes can I retrieve the database back? (I didn’t make a backup though…oww man!).
    c) Is there any alternative to it?

    I am no programmer. In my humble state asking for your guys help. Hope you guys understand and it's clear enough. thank you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    213
    well,
    leave root as it is, dont use root, just create another user (mysql user) then assign that user to the database with whatever priviledge you want.

    if you still can login as root, just backup the database from there, (export)

    once you have exported the database, then just create a new mysql user, and if you want create a new databse.

    Then assign the user to that database with its permissions
    then import the database that you have exported just now.

    Go to joomla's configuration.php , key in your new mysql user and mysql database

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    hi Notiboy,

    Thank you for your kind reply...i will try to do that first. will keep you updated.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by notiboy View Post
    well,
    leave root as it is, dont use root, just create another user (mysql user) then assign that user to the database with whatever priviledge you want.

    if you still can login as root, just backup the database from there, (export)

    once you have exported the database, then just create a new mysql user, and if you want create a new databse.

    Then assign the user to that database with its permissions
    then import the database that you have exported just now.

    Go to joomla's configuration.php , key in your new mysql user and mysql database
    I created a new user and make a backup on the joomla15 database. phew! thank god for that.

    i edit the configuration.php and this is the setting

    var $log_path = 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\joomla15\\logs';
    var $tmp_path = 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\joomla15\\tmp';
    var $live_site = '';
    var $host = 'localhost';
    var $user = 'tme_admin';
    var $password = 'XXXXXX'
    var $db = 'joomla15';

    It looked so simple but yet i couldnt get it to work.

    My questions are:
    1) is there something wrong/missing with the setting above?
    2) could it be because i move/re-organise/re-position of var(s). Does it affect when you move the var(s) to any code line? Will it make the difference?

    Pls help, i'm totally newbie...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    your house
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0
    easiest way is to get a fresh install in a separate folder and compare the config file.

    you should have backed it up!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by +DAN+ View Post
    I created a new user and make a backup on the joomla15 database. phew! thank god for that.

    i edit the configuration.php and this is the setting

    var $log_path = 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\joomla15\\logs';
    var $tmp_path = 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\joomla15\\tmp';
    var $live_site = '';
    var $host = 'localhost';
    var $user = 'tme_admin';
    var $password = 'XXXXXX'
    var $db = 'joomla15';

    It looked so simple but yet i couldnt get it to work.

    My questions are:
    1) is there something wrong/missing with the setting above?
    2) could it be because i move/re-organise/re-position of var(s). Does it affect when you move the var(s) to any code line? Will it make the difference?

    Pls help, i'm totally newbie...
    Welll from what i see from your post

    var $log_path = 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\joomla15\\logs';
    var $tmp_path = 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\joomla15\\tmp';
    var $live_site = '';
    var $host = 'localhost';
    var $user = 'tme_admin';
    var $password = 'XXXXXX'; << you miss this
    var $db = 'joomla15';

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by notiboy View Post
    Welll from what i see from your post

    var $log_path = 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\joomla15\\logs';
    var $tmp_path = 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\joomla15\\tmp';
    var $live_site = '';
    var $host = 'localhost';
    var $user = 'tme_admin';
    var $password = 'XXXXXX'; << you miss this
    var $db = 'joomla15';
    Thank you Djzen for the advice.

    I solved the problem, well.... you solved the problem really notiboy. You were right! i left out the ";" at the end of the password var. Ow man, how can i didnt see that? what a relieve...you got an eye of a sniper. You are the man!

    Thank you very much for that. God bless you notiboy!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. problem import data drpd ms excel ke MySQL
    By mys_az in forum Website Programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20-09-2007, 11:54 AM
  2. Tolong: mySQL problem
    By jepp in forum Website Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-02-2005, 01:53 PM
  3. Problem to start/use mysql
    By suhazeli in forum Website Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-12-2004, 06:41 PM
  4. ftp problem
    By limteoh in forum Webmaster Tools
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 10:31 AM
  5. problem with mysql
    By sarjanajava in forum Website Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-10-2002, 10:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.0 RC1 PL1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30