Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: How many domains do you have?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    180

    How many domains do you have?

    How many domains do you have and how many of those are developed into a full fledged website? What's your future plans?

    Thanks for sharing your insight!
    Computer & Technology: Sabahan.com
    Funny stuff OffbeatEnough.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    472
    Rep Power
    0
    Kevin, I'm not sure many of us here will be willing to share this kind of this commerically sensitive information.

    I will, however, give you the advice that it is better to work with one site until you feel it has reached its full potential and start a new site, than to have a number of sites which are not fully developed. Starting a new site once a year is probably reasonable for most small teams.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    176
    i have one domains which is i get free .be (www.firstclus.be) but now, i'm looking to buy dot com or dot net type domains. Do you know best domains registrar with best prices include services? Why? coz now i'm gonna open my own hosting company.

    Now, my future plans is to get my hosting in good position among ther hosting in MY or outside.

    How about you?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by vincevincevince
    Kevin, I'm not sure many of us here will be willing to share this kind of this commerically sensitive information.

    I will, however, give you the advice that it is better to work with one site until you feel it has reached its full potential and start a new site, than to have a number of sites which are not fully developed. Starting a new site once a year is probably reasonable for most small teams.
    Well, I understand your concern. Perhaps I should have mentioned that we do not have to go into details which would expose any 'trade secrets'.

    Since I am the topic starter, I guess I should start by answering my own question.

    I own over 30+ domains and counting and nearly all of them are developed websites/blog. Obviously not as many as some people. Some are new and some are as old as 8 years old. Considering the low price and the ease of developing and starting a website, I think one per year is a little "laid back" for me at least. I do not use website generator software, all my sites have been developed manually.

    One of my plans for the future? To ramp up my Adsense income by blogging more. I started some simple or rather an experimental blog a few years back but never had the motivation to keep the momentum going.
    Last edited by KevinSpacey; 26-02-2006 at 02:31 PM.
    Computer & Technology: Sabahan.com
    Funny stuff OffbeatEnough.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperchatterz
    i have one domains which is i get free .be (www.firstclus.be) but now, i'm looking to buy dot com or dot net type domains. Do you know best domains registrar with best prices include services? Why? coz now i'm gonna open my own hosting company.

    Now, my future plans is to get my hosting in good position among ther hosting in MY or outside.

    How about you?
    I have used several registrar and one of them was OrderYourName.com but the service was close to non-existence unless you contact the parent company.. duh..

    Now I am using http://www.godaddy.com. Good price, good service, only if you can can stand the ads on their site. But that's not a big issue for me.
    Computer & Technology: Sabahan.com
    Funny stuff OffbeatEnough.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    472
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinSpacey
    I have used several registrar and one of them was OrderYourName.com but the service was close to non-existence unless you contact the parent company.. duh..

    Now I am using http://www.godaddy.com. Good price, good service, only if you can can stand the ads on their site. But that's not a big issue for me.
    Get a discount reseller account with enom.com (phone them up and negotiate - haggle well!). You can then integrate their domain sales directly with your website via their API, or they will provide you an instant domain ordering facility.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by vincevincevince
    Get a discount reseller account with enom.com (phone them up and negotiate - haggle well!). You can then integrate their domain sales directly with your website via their API, or they will provide you an instant domain ordering facility.
    If you are into domain name marketing, or buying/selling domains in bulk this could be a good choice but I think their price is relatively higher considering most people do not necessarily need all the extra services.

    For normal purchase, one or two domain per year, there are other companies offering better value. Godaddy .com offers most of the services for free too, but at a lower cost of USD8.88 per year.
    Computer & Technology: Sabahan.com
    Funny stuff OffbeatEnough.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    472
    Rep Power
    0
    If you are into domain name marketing, or buying/selling domains in bulk this could be a good choice but I think their price is relatively higher considering most people do not necessarily need all the extra services.
    I get domains a lot cheaper than 8.88 from enom! That's why I told you to phone up and haggle. There are a lot of people in Malaysia, setting up a BM language domain registry and doing good advertising and SEO, it should be easy to sell 1000 a year - that is enough to get a very very nice discount rate!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by vincevincevince
    I get domains a lot cheaper than 8.88 from enom! That's why I told you to phone up and haggle. There are a lot of people in Malaysia, setting up a BM language domain registry and doing good advertising and SEO, it should be easy to sell 1000 a year - that is enough to get a very very nice discount rate!

    Well I say good for you then. But this thread is not about haggling or domain marketing. It's about personal domains that you own and websites that are developed from those domains. Besides, people like hyperchatterz who only have one domain, do you think they should call up and haggle for a lower price than $8.88? The phone call itself will cost more than the domain name. For most people, it's easier said than done. Oh I can get lower price than $8.88 too from Godaddy btw.

    The domain market in Malaysia is too small. Unless you have a big hosting company, you can do well in domain marketing but that's too much work for some people. So might just a well do some blogging and earn US1000 and more per month. That's easier to achieve in my opinion.

    Anyway, those who offer webhosting service might want to try the domain API integration as you suggested.
    Last edited by KevinSpacey; 27-02-2006 at 09:33 PM.
    Computer & Technology: Sabahan.com
    Funny stuff OffbeatEnough.com

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    472
    Rep Power
    0
    Sorry KevinSpacey, I was trying to answer this from hyperchatterz... but he/she has not returned ....

    Quote Originally Posted by hyperchatterz
    Do you know best domains registrar with best prices include services? Why? coz now i'm gonna open my own hosting company.

    Now, my future plans is to get my hosting in good position among ther hosting in MY or outside.
    You are right, that godaddy is fine for general use.

    Personally I use up my paypal earnings buying domain names - it's a pain to get them into hard currency, and godaddy accept paypal with no problems at all.

    I normally have two domains per project - one that I use to start the project, but I invariably change my mind about the domain by the time it's ready to launch, so I put it on a better name later. The old one is just for redirection!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    BTHO
    Posts
    775
    Rep Power
    238
    Hmm....to answer Kevin's question above, I have about 6 sites under my name. Five are fully-fledged sites (including my personal site) and one is still undergoing development, which I hope to be able to function in the middle of this year.

    - MENJ

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sarawak
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    181
    20+, but half of them (including .com/.net/.info sets under the same name) are undeveloped or not fully developed. kevinspacey is right, 1 website a year is too less, unless it's a huge website with tens of thousands of visitors per day.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0
    I got a few,
    One for my personal website.
    One for my affiliate programs,
    a few for my blogs,but all are blogspot,
    One for my ebook
    And will be getting more domain names soon
    Some are not displaying anything yet. Hehe.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    205
    alot of domains and only 1 of them is fully developed

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    Just got registered a batch of infos domains with $0.99.
    Good deal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. $0.99 .COM / .NET / .ORG Domains
    By tokkok in forum Domain Names
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 27-09-2011, 01:17 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 02:20 PM
  3. (WTB) Domains
    By Malaysia in forum Site, Domains and Links Marketplace
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 14-07-2008, 06:43 PM
  4. PS3 Domains
    By ForumsHelp in forum Domain Names
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-06-2006, 10:17 PM
  5. What do you think of these domains?
    By EJRS.COM in forum Domain Names
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-12-2005, 01:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.0 RC1 PL1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112