Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: hosting that support lots of domains

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    My
    Posts
    967
    Rep Power
    0

    hosting that support lots of domains

    I would like to know which hosting package allows lots of domains with minimal cost? I mean over 20 domains.
    most shared hosting allows only a few domain but how if i have a few more to set up?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    612
    Rep Power
    212
    Do you want just domain add-on?

    Or you want to create hosting accounts for these domains?

    FYI, the reason why most web hosts give a low limit for domain add-on is because most people who actually own and develop their domains, the number of domains are very less. For the domains that they own but not developing it, the Domain Parking feature still allows them to do so.

    You can consider Reseller Hosting account that comes with WHM panel. You can create over 20 hosting accounts for each of the domains (of course, there's different limitation by each companies) or you can create one hosting account with 9999 add-on domain limit.

    Other than that, you can actually discuss with your potential hosting provider to see whether such arrangement can be made for your shared hosting account.

    Thanks.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    My
    Posts
    967
    Rep Power
    0
    I saw some oversea hosting company provide unlimited domains hosting package. does that mean I can develope every each of the domains, even if I have like 100 domains?
    what is domain parking? could we design the contents for each of the domain parked?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    612
    Rep Power
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by robot View Post
    I saw some oversea hosting company provide unlimited domains hosting package. does that mean I can develope every each of the domains, even if I have like 100 domains?
    what is domain parking? could we design the contents for each of the domain parked?
    For parked domain, no, you can't design separate contents.

    Hmm... get the definition of unlimited domain from them. It could be "unlimited subdomain" or "unlimited domain parking".

    The closest to "unlimited hosted domain" could be Reseller Hosting that comes with WHM panel.

    Thanks.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    10
    I use Resellerzoom's Budget reseller plan for the last 10 months.

    USD$4.95 (payable by PayPal) per month, 50 websites with each separate CPanel.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    My
    Posts
    967
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by limcs View Post
    I use Resellerzoom's Budget reseller plan for the last 10 months.

    USD$4.95 (payable by PayPal) per month, 50 websites with each separate CPanel.
    thats a good plan.
    question: does that mean I need to login into spearate cpanel to manage each domain contents?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    193
    Get a reseller host and you can host as many domain as you like. I am using H-Sphere host only 1 login 1 control panel.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by robot View Post
    thats a good plan.
    question: does that mean I need to login into spearate cpanel to manage each domain contents?
    Yes. That's correct. It works just like reseller plan.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    168
    Hello,

    Please aware that even some company provide UNLIMITED DOMAIN HOSTED, but it will be limited with the disk space.

    So let say you are a webdesigner who want to cut some cost. By purchasing a reseller account is a good choice. You purchase 4 GB of reseller hosting with unlimited domain. How much domain you can put in 4 GB hosting ? 20 ? with 200 MB per domain. In the end, your unlimited domain option will be limited with disk space.

    Rather than choosing UNLIMITED domain, you better choose :

    1. Quality, reliable company (which normally do not have unlimited domain hosted)
    2. Good webspace
    3. Good uptime
    etc

    This selection is more important than unlimited domain option.

    Thank you,
    Fivio.com | Customize Solutions
    Webhosting - Dedicated Server - Managed Colocation

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    My
    Posts
    967
    Rep Power
    0
    for me, i think 200mb is a very huge website. unless you want to load all the sites with photos or audio video files. I may just want to put up some small site with little contents. that would takes less than 10mb per site.
    but i agree the service quality is the most important thing in consider with a web hosting. nobody wants their website to have any downtime in ideal.
    spreading the domains to a few hosting may be good but it wasn't cost effective unless all the sites could generate money

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    168
    Hello,

    If you want to give this hosting for your webdesign client, then some space is a must.

    1. for their email (very important)
    2. for backup

    Unless you use it for personal use then 10 MB is enough.

    Thank you,
    Fivio.com | Customize Solutions
    Webhosting - Dedicated Server - Managed Colocation

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    My
    Posts
    967
    Rep Power
    0
    well its only for personal use.
    but then most web hosting has upgrade option to upgrade the package in case ones require higher disk space or bw.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Shah Alam - Kuantan -Alor Setar
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    199
    If for personal use, u cando redirect. You dont have to subscribe for reseller plan (highly in cost). You can subscribe hosting package with 20 or more domain add-on, domain parking etc. In your dir you can make separate dir for each website. Later you can redirect your domain to the folder.

    Example:

    www.mydomain.com (your prim domain)
    www.1domain.com (your add-on domain)

    in your dir:
    /mydomain/1domain/ (make dir name 1domain)

    Then you redirect your www.1domain.com to www.mydomain.com/1domain

    End of story.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    612
    Rep Power
    212
    Hi,
    Not many web hosts will allow you to have 20 or more domain add-on service for their shared hosting packages.

    Usually 1 shared hosting package comes with around 5 domain add-on limit.

    Thanks.


    Quote Originally Posted by therion View Post
    If for personal use, u cando redirect. You dont have to subscribe for reseller plan (highly in cost). You can subscribe hosting package with 20 or more domain add-on, domain parking etc. In your dir you can make separate dir for each website. Later you can redirect your domain to the folder.

    Example:

    www.mydomain.com (your prim domain)
    www.1domain.com (your add-on domain)

    in your dir:
    /mydomain/1domain/ (make dir name 1domain)

    Then you redirect your www.1domain.com to www.mydomain.com/1domain

    End of story.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Shah Alam - Kuantan -Alor Setar
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelfoo View Post
    Hi,
    Not many web hosts will allow you to have 20 or more domain add-on service for their shared hosting packages.

    Usually 1 shared hosting package comes with around 5 domain add-on limit.

    Thanks.
    That's just for example, maybe 3 maybe 5 maybe 6 maybe 2.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Multiple Domains Linux Web Hosting!! FREE SETUP!!
    By starsearcher in forum Web Hosting Offers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-07-2011, 02:20 PM
  2. I sell my 3 domains + 2 hosting
    By brillie in forum Domain Names
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30-10-2009, 10:57 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-03-2009, 03:00 PM
  4. Reseller Hosting $3.99 -Unlimited Domains
    By mwaraitch in forum Web Hosting Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-08-2008, 03:24 AM
  5. Cheapest domain name with free 100MB website hosting, no ads, lots of features / tool
    By alexpaul in forum Other Webmaster-related Services and Promotion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-09-2005, 05:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.0 RC1 PL1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32