Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46

Thread: Shinjiru.com webhosting

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile Shinjiru.com webhosting

    Have u guys heard of this webhoster? I have done some research, found this one give quite a good deal providing free domain registration together with hosting. And it has this "unmetered bandwith". Actually, my website is not that big in size, but do require faster connection and processing power. I have a forum, and a bunch of mysql queries to load especially on the homepage.
    Plan to take the 2nd plan for RM 199.

    Would like to hear from ppl that have been using shinjiru.com. Got lagging or not?

    I also heard abt exabytes, ipserverone. Which one has a lesser hosting account per server? Coz i thought lesser means more speed.

    Shinjiru ppl also told me that if any of the account uses more than 10% of the serer load, it will be suspended. Is this same as for others also??

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    612
    Rep Power
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by ahhoi
    Have u guys heard of this webhoster? I have done some research, found this one give quite a good deal providing free domain registration together with hosting. And it has this "unmetered bandwith". Actually, my website is not that big in size, but do require faster connection and processing power. I have a forum, and a bunch of mysql queries to load especially on the homepage.
    Plan to take the 2nd plan for RM 199.

    Would like to hear from ppl that have been using shinjiru.com. Got lagging or not?

    I also heard abt exabytes, ipserverone. Which one has a lesser hosting account per server? Coz i thought lesser means more speed.

    Shinjiru ppl also told me that if any of the account uses more than 10% of the serer load, it will be suspended. Is this same as for others also??
    It is very hard to tell who has less crowded server because it depends on how many dynamic active sites are hosted on the server. In other words, if a server hosts 10 active dyanamic sites versus another that hosts 100 idle static site, the one which hosts less sites still performs worse than the latter.

    Anyways, actually by doing your own simple calculation, you can guess whether the server will be overloaded. A P4 server will be around US$150/mo while Dual Xeon/Opteron around US$300/mo. Depending on the price you are charged for the hosting account, you can actually work out how many accounts will be put on the server so that the company does not lose money. In other words, avoid companies that offer packages that sound too cheap to be true.

    As for 10% server resource limitation, it depends on the management. For our case, we do ensure equal sharing among the clients, but during off peak hours, we don't mind if one or more clients actually use up resource that they are "supposed to use". This is very subjective because you cannot just draw a clear borderline to determine whether the client is overloading the server. The simplest way would be providing the client with concrete evidence like server log report upon account suspension.

    Don't forget, 10% resource limit in Celeron/P4 server and Dual Xeon/Opteron really makes a BIG difference.

    Thanks!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    183
    Haha... True true michaelfoo. Processors do play a BIG role. RAM too actually.

    Anyway, to answer your question ahhoi...

    Shinjiru is quite a big company actually. They have been in the webhosting business for quite some time too. So yes, I've heard of them. As for the lagging or not part... well it's hard to say. Depending on which server you're put on, how many people using the server, which DC they use and a lot more factors, results may vary.

    Just FYI, a lot of people have a lot of different opinions on different hosting companies. For example, I could tell you that KKHost is great but another guy might come up and say NO to what I just said.

    For example, Exabytes seems to be a good company and have quite efficient services but if you check the forums correctly, you'll find out that they too have complaints about their services. So, it's kinda hard to tell actually.

    Could we know what kind/type of a website are you wanting to host? Perhaps an example or if you currently have it running, can you show it to us so that we could give you better advice?

    As for CPU consumption, it's usually rare that anyone actually consume so much CPU load but then again, I've had clients who made the load go all the way up and took about 65% CPU. Haha...

    Now just think about this... if you're on the server, would you actually like it? That's why most shared hosting clients are only given a this much as shared hosting clients usually do not take much processing power. If you really need more processing power, perhaps you might want to consider VPS or maybe a cheap DEDI?

    Hope I answered some of your questions and doubts. If you have more questions or etc, please do not hesitate to post it up again. We'll try to help
    Premium/Budget Hosting - CDN, VPS, Dedicated Server, Web Hosting
    Welltodo Century Sdn. Bhd.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    10
    Shijinru. I heard it few years ago and seems like they have been there serving web hosting for a long time. Never use it and never heard anybody who use it though.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    372
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by ahhoi
    Have u guys heard of this webhoster? I have done some research, found this one give quite a good deal providing free domain registration together with hosting. And it has this "unmetered bandwith". Actually, my website is not that big in size, but do require faster connection and processing power. I have a forum, and a bunch of mysql queries to load especially on the homepage.
    Plan to take the 2nd plan for RM 199.

    Would like to hear from ppl that have been using shinjiru.com. Got lagging or not?

    I also heard abt exabytes, ipserverone. Which one has a lesser hosting account per server? Coz i thought lesser means more speed.

    Shinjiru ppl also told me that if any of the account uses more than 10% of the serer load, it will be suspended. Is this same as for others also??

    Hello ahhoi,

    For forums with heavy MYSQL query, I will recomend you to go with a dedicated server, or at least a semi dedicated, this is to ensure your site got the sufficient server processing power and memory to run the query.

    http://www.webmastermalaysia.com/ is hosted on a Semi-Dedicated server.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    go to smartteam.com.my, shijuru has good repo too..
    I am thinking to shift from boring-damn-slow-EXABYTES to shijuru as they provide rm199 5 add on domain too..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Unhappy Regarding Shinjiru.com

    Hi,

    I would like to tell something regarding shinjiru. I had use this company before and i think the support and sales is not good for me, it's said unmeter bandwidth for me but i always get a slow connection speed and my download and upload speed is only 10 to 100 KB, is it a unmeter bandwidth, i don't think so. Thus, i try to send my request to sales department and sometime they are never reply me and i try to send a ticket to them and they ask me to send email to sales department which i did before, is it a good business for a hosting company. Furthermore, i had experienced that my server was down for 24 hours and what they reply is "DC problem", "DC under ddos attack", "keep pushing DC", "fixing the problem", "routing problem" and even they have no give me a report on this incident after this. Hey, my server was down for 24 hours!!! and they had promise that they have 99.9% uptime guarantee, i just felt that i'm cheated by this company. Well, you can have a try if you don't believe it and all the sales and marketing people will promise you lots of thing before you get in and it's all rubbish after you get into this company. Perhaps different people got different opinion and all these are my opinion. Think be careful before you look for your business partner.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    kl
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0
    Ken888,

    Please provide proof of your allegation towards us, Shinjiru.com.my. Provide us with your domain name or invoice no. Post it here ! As far as I know, we do not have a so-called 24 hours server downtime. If it is a technical issue our support will not direct you to sales. We deal with things directly and we do not give excuses. If there is a problem, we will tell the problem as it is. We do not blame data centers if it is not their problems. You joined the forum on 26 Aug 2007 and post this "defamation" on the same day and no other posting after this. What are you trying to get at ?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    kuala lumpur
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    ya looo..ken888..i think what have you said is just a "drama"..dont bantai people like that.so obvious that you never use it and just want their name smells bad.

    not a good forumer.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ipoh
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by webKONG View Post
    go to smartteam.com.my, shijuru has good repo too..
    I am thinking to shift from boring-damn-slow-EXABYTES to shijuru as they provide rm199 5 add on domain too..
    Who is smartteam.com.my? I tried to visit the website and totally can not access. If only want to compare Shinjiru with Exabytes, I think you better stay with Exabytes. Exabytes is not the best, but at least better than Shinjuru.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    KLC
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    171
    i got the 50GB hosting from them. good service. good server. now i must think what should i do with the 49.82GB free space!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cave
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman View Post
    i got the 50GB hosting from them. good service. good server. now i must think what should i do with the 49.82GB free space!
    How about "donating" the space to me? I'm in search for a good web host right now, as I have just been cheated completely by Internet-Webhosting dott comm. I found on some web host charts that they're amongst the most used in Malaysia. I checked on their website, compare them to some others, and decided to order. Heck, their uptime, can you believe it, not even close to 40% of the time. I feel cheated! Stay away from this webhost I mentioned!!
    Last edited by dellaware; 24-12-2007 at 09:06 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur WP
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dellaware View Post
    How about "donating" the space to me? I'm in search for a good web host right now, as I have just been cheated completely by Internet-Webhosting (.com). I found on some web host charts that they're amongst the most used in Malaysia. I checked on their website, compare them to some others, and decided to order. Heck, their uptime, can you believe it, not even close to 40% of the time. I feel cheated! Stay away from this webhost I mentioned!!

    Note bro! Thanks...!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    kl
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ken888 View Post
    Hi,

    I would like to tell something regarding shinjiru. I had use this company before and i think the support and sales is not good for me, it's said unmeter bandwidth for me but i always get a slow connection speed and my download and upload speed is only 10 to 100 KB, is it a unmeter bandwidth, i don't think so. Thus, i try to send my request to sales department and sometime they are never reply me and i try to send a ticket to them and they ask me to send email to sales department which i did before, is it a good business for a hosting company. Furthermore, i had experienced that my server was down for 24 hours and what they reply is "DC problem", "DC under ddos attack", "keep pushing DC", "fixing the problem", "routing problem" and even they have no give me a report on this incident after this. Hey, my server was down for 24 hours!!! and they had promise that they have 99.9% uptime guarantee, i just felt that i'm cheated by this company. Well, you can have a try if you don't believe it and all the sales and marketing people will promise you lots of thing before you get in and it's all rubbish after you get into this company. Perhaps different people got different opinion and all these are my opinion. Think be careful before you look for your business partner.

    Dont blame them
    you should blame DC

    yes, local DC had network problem..
    why? TM ppl not stupid - they put new system controling bandwidth.
    Why? one of big player [webhost used the whole shared bandwith]
    back to 3-4 years

    Now - TM ppl too good and calculative -
    Those use much bandwitdh - need to pay more.

    Malaysia customers are greedy. They want to pay cheapest plan and want to get support like a KING .. now - who is going to suffer?
    webhost? customer?

    If you want to jump other webhost - they are using same DC...
    so ...where to run?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Exclamation shinjiru the stupid hosting

    you can read more post here :

    http://www.blogohblog.com/shinjiru-h...#comment-51982

    # By STUPID SHIJIRU.COM on Jun 13, 2008 | Reply

    I AGREE WITH ALL.. SHINJIRU.COM IS THE MOST STUPID HOSTING IN THE WORLD.. THEY SPENT 45 DAYS TO SETUP MY VPS AND UNTILL NOW STILL PROBLEM.

    I AM USING PHP4 FOR 5 YEARS. BUT TODAY AFTER THEY FAIL TO SETTLE MY MYSQL CONNECT ERROR, THEY TELL ME PHP 4 DID NOT SUPPORT MYSQL EXTENSION.. AND ASKING ME TO UPGRADE TO PHP5 MUAHAHAHAHAH

    SIMPLY MAKE MISTAKE BY REINSTALL MY VPS WITH PHP5 FOR 3 TIMES.. AS I MENTION MY MOST IMPORTANT REQIREMENT IS PHP4.

    UPTIME OF MY SERVER IS 5% A MONTH. 1-2 HOURS OK THEN DOWN AGAIN…

    BEFORE THIS I HOST WITH EUKHOST.COM IN UK AND SATISFIED WITH THEIR SUPPORT FOR 101%.. VERY FAST SUPPORT, HOST WITH THEM FOR 2 YEARS UNTIL I NEED SERVER IN MALAYSIA.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. shinjiru.com.my
    By dongdong in forum Paid Hosting Discussion Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 24-12-2014, 09:28 PM
  2. have any one use host Shinjiru.com
    By xp1920 in forum Paid Hosting Discussion Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2009, 12:29 PM
  3. Exabytes / Shinjiru Co-lo
    By wingwp in forum Paid Hosting Discussion Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 18-08-2009, 04:24 PM
  4. Domain Shinjiru
    By gnesop in forum Domain Names
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-09-2005, 06:18 PM
  5. Looking For Webhosting
    By MENJ in forum Paid Hosting Discussion Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 21-10-2004, 02:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.0 RC1 PL1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31