Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Niche hosting requirements

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    ttdi
    Posts
    130
    Rep Power
    227

    Niche hosting requirements

    I'm looking for a very specific set of hosting requirements, namely:

    Would hosting companies set up custom server requests like these? Or should I just get a dedicated server and install them myself? Any experiences, suggestions?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    190
    you can start by using VPS (Virtual Private Server) and go dedicated when ready.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    612
    Rep Power
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by zaimlah
    I'm looking for a very specific set of hosting requirements, namely:

    Would hosting companies set up custom server requests like these? Or should I just get a dedicated server and install them myself? Any experiences, suggestions?

    Thanks.
    Hi zaimlah,
    Due to security and stability reasons, most web hosts are still running Apache 1.3. As such, I highly doubt any web hosts will just upgrade their Apache to 2.0 just for you.

    Either a VPS or dedicated for yourself will be the solution. If your budget allows you, I would suggest a dedicated server so that you have more resources for your site. I assume you're going to host a resource intensive site there.

    Thanks and good luck.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    ttdi
    Posts
    130
    Rep Power
    227
    Thanks for the replies.

    Quote Originally Posted by gethosted
    you can start by using VPS (Virtual Private Server) and go dedicated when ready.
    Now, I assume VPS is cheaper than dedicated? Right? Most hosting companies I see only offer dedicated servers, where can I get a VPS hosting service?

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelfoo
    I assume you're going to host a resource intensive site there.
    Sort of. Well, to be specific, I just want to host a production-ready Django application.

    Thanks again.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    190
    I have a back up VPS using http://www.a2b2.com/. Good price/uptime/support

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    612
    Rep Power
    212
    Hi zaimlah,
    Although I do not own a VPS but here are a few companies that are worth checking out:
    www.liquidweb.com
    www.servint.com
    www.powervps.com

    Please take note that the RAM is very important. I would suggest you to start with at least 512MB minimum RAM package.

    Thank you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelfoo
    Hi zaimlah,
    Although I do not own a VPS but here are a few companies that are worth checking out:
    www.liquidweb.com
    www.servint.com
    www.powervps.com

    Please take note that the RAM is very important. I would suggest you to start with at least 512MB minimum RAM package.

    Thank you.

    I believe a minimum 512MB RAM VPS can get a Celeron dedicated server. I might be wrong.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    612
    Rep Power
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by gethosted
    I believe a minimum 512MB RAM VPS can get a Celeron dedicated server. I might be wrong.
    Yeah but that is still a Celeron. For a VPS, they are normally on Dual Xeon or AMD Opterons, which when you boost the CPU usage, the performance is much better than a 512MB RAM Celeron server.

    Thank you.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    211
    PM me for cheap dedicated server, we have some stock available.

    Thanks,
    MERCUMAYA.NET
    We Host Your Business.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Free Wordpress Theme on Different Niche
    By npnhome in forum Blogging Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 23-10-2009, 12:34 AM
  2. What are the E-Commerce software requirements?
    By dannyfoo in forum E-Commerce
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28-09-2009, 10:34 AM
  3. WTS: Links on various niche blogs - Pls take a look
    By mentaliser in forum Site, Domains and Links Marketplace
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2009, 06:52 PM
  4. any niche store affiliate recommend?
    By badzeugene in forum Affiliate Marketing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 09:23 PM
  5. The Way Of Finding 'Niche'
    By limcs in forum Other Internet Marketing Methods
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-11-2006, 11:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.0 RC1 PL1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112