Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 58

Thread: Who is the web hosting leader in Malaysia?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ipoh
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    0
    I would like to say, there is no hosting leader in Malaysia yet. Leader means it can lead the market, do you really think any hosting company in Malaysia already lead this market? Will they get replace at anytime?

    Emerge is popular in Malaysia, but their price is higher than any other hosting provider in Malaysia. Exabytes also very popular, but always got customers complain about email issues. They might get a lot of customers in Malaysia market, but also got a lot of customer transfer to other hosting providers in Malaysia.

    Compare to worldwide hosting providers, Malaysiaís hosting companies still need to do a lot of improvement. Due to the connection speed to other countries is too slow, Malaysia users prefer to host with local hosting companies, but how about if one day our connection speed is become faster? Can any of Malaysia hosting providers able to compete with oversea hosting providers?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0
    Well for a long time Exabytes was the best for me in terms of performance and excellent support.

    Sadly this has changed. My website Gila Chess Patzer has frequent downtimes. Sometimes as many as 5 days in a week. For each day it goes down it can be 2-4 times daily lasting as long as 30 minutes.

    Definitely not the 99.5% uptime they guarantee.

    I went to their site and click on the LiveSales to talk to their sales people and the person heard to word "downtime" it was immediately labelled as a "support" issue and asked me to email their support.

    I told the person that this was a sales issue and I wanted to ask about their uptime policy because surely Exabytes don't expect me to ask about what their technical support person to answer this. Again it was repeated that this is not their problem and I should create a support ticket. I felt I was talking to a robot.

    I host a few other sites with Exabytes and I'm just unlucky that this shared server is over CPU-utilised by other customers I guess. The other websites I have do not have this problem ... (not yet anyway)

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    170
    Hello,

    In term of customer based quantity, Exabytes have the lead in the market. This is according to webhosting.info. Unless there are some hosting monster lurking in the dark

    Hosting market is not just low budget hosting. There are a lot of other niche market that even Exabytes does not yet put their feet into.

    Be the leader of your own market niche.

    Thank you,
    Fivio.com | Customize Solutions
    Webhosting - Dedicated Server - Managed Colocation

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ipoh
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gilachess View Post
    Well for a long time Exabytes was the best for me in terms of performance and excellent support.

    Sadly this has changed. My website Gila Chess Patzer has frequent downtimes. Sometimes as many as 5 days in a week. For each day it goes down it can be 2-4 times daily lasting as long as 30 minutes.

    Definitely not the 99.5% uptime they guarantee.

    I went to their site and click on the LiveSales to talk to their sales people and the person heard to word "downtime" it was immediately labelled as a "support" issue and asked me to email their support.

    I told the person that this was a sales issue and I wanted to ask about their uptime policy because surely Exabytes don't expect me to ask about what their technical support person to answer this. Again it was repeated that this is not their problem and I should create a support ticket. I felt I was talking to a robot.

    I host a few other sites with Exabytes and I'm just unlucky that this shared server is over CPU-utilised by other customers I guess. The other websites I have do not have this problem ... (not yet anyway)
    Thatís why I think no one is the leader in Malaysia market yet. I have transferred all my websites to a UK webhosting company. They have a branch here and also setup local servers for Malaysia users. I think oversea hosting companies might become Malaysia leader, as their technology is more advance. Malaysia need to do a lot of improvement to compete with them, otherwise they might be replace by oversea companies.

    In Internet business, is not about how big your company is, I think is more about how many improvement you have done.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gilachess View Post
    Well for a long time Exabytes was the best for me in terms of performance and excellent support.

    Sadly this has changed. My website Gila Chess Patzer has frequent downtimes. Sometimes as many as 5 days in a week. For each day it goes down it can be 2-4 times daily lasting as long as 30 minutes.

    Definitely not the 99.5% uptime they guarantee.

    I went to their site and click on the LiveSales to talk to their sales people and the person heard to word "downtime" it was immediately labelled as a "support" issue and asked me to email their support.

    I told the person that this was a sales issue and I wanted to ask about their uptime policy because surely Exabytes don't expect me to ask about what their technical support person to answer this. Again it was repeated that this is not their problem and I should create a support ticket. I felt I was talking to a robot.

    I host a few other sites with Exabytes and I'm just unlucky that this shared server is over CPU-utilised by other customers I guess. The other websites I have do not have this problem ... (not yet anyway)
    Hey Andrew,

    I have responded to your situation on the other thread you have posted. With regards to the issues you are having via our LiveChat, we have gone through the issue and have study on the case. Further action will be taken internally for the situation during our upcoming Managers meeting. Apologize for any inconveniences that may have bring to you.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0
    I had a bad experience with Eternal Solutions recently. Do u belive there is a hosting company that bans all kind of media files!!!!!! they don't accept mp3, rm, ram, avi, wmv,flv...etc. I can understand banning video streaming, but why in hell you'd ban Mp3???? Worse, they have an automatic program that deletes these files as soon as u upload them without even informing you first. That's just damn unprofessional and seems their people not following the web trends these days. What if I want to have a multimedia rich flash website? I don't understand their logic, that means any one who wants to host with them must use boring static websites, which is so 1990s trend...I'm seriously disappointed and planning to move out, but I'm sad coz I lost RM150 there, coz i dont think they have refund policy. They SUCK!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    -
    Posts
    365
    Rep Power
    168
    Some hosts offer large disk space but restrict what you can upload to it. Multimedia files like music, movies etc are normally large. If you cannot upload such files, then you are not going to use the large space they offer. So the host won't have problems with users filling up disk space. Regular HTML or PHP scripts etc files do not take up much space at all.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mylinear View Post
    Some hosts offer large disk space but restrict what you can upload to it. Multimedia files like music, movies etc are normally large. If you cannot upload such files, then you are not going to use the large space they offer. So the host won't have problems with users filling up disk space. Regular HTML or PHP scripts etc files do not take up much space at all.
    That is cheating. The thing that frustrated me, is that they kept passing me from one customer rep to another, and none provided me with a good solution. The last one told me to upload the files to a free host/online storage. What the hell? Why are we paying for that 10GB is we are uploading our files to free host/storage? They only had this silly solution and even didn't try to explain to me the logic behind this rule, all they say " This is our policy" and give me a link to their usage policy! very frustrating.. I had 5 websites under their service, and recommended their service to my clients, but I doubt I will be renewing with them anymore.

    Exabyte seems good but I'm hearing they have downtime. If something good about eternal solutions is that I didn't experience downtime in their server.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    -
    Posts
    365
    Rep Power
    168
    It is not quite cheating if they have stated the policy in their terms of service.

    It would be the user's responsibility to read the TOS carefully and see if the service is suitable for the required needs. But most people don't read the TOS, especially since they are usually quite long.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kuching
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    147

    I Think..

    Exabytes.. I agree with mrbadak.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    i guess the top would be Exabytes, a few well-known after that would be Emerge, Hostpro2u, Shinjiru...

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    MLK
    Posts
    405
    Rep Power
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedjabar View Post
    I had a bad experience with Eternal Solutions recently. Do u belive there is a hosting company that bans all kind of media files!!!!!! they don't accept mp3, rm, ram, avi, wmv,flv...etc. I can understand banning video streaming, but why in hell you'd ban Mp3???? Worse, they have an automatic program that deletes these files as soon as u upload them without even informing you first. That's just damn unprofessional and seems their people not following the web trends these days. What if I want to have a multimedia rich flash website? I don't understand their logic, that means any one who wants to host with them must use boring static websites, which is so 1990s trend...I'm seriously disappointed and planning to move out, but I'm sad coz I lost RM150 there, coz i dont think they have refund policy. They SUCK!
    Is your MP3 files copyrighted? Unless the mp3 file is created/produced by you, you cannot upload it into the host's server as it is illegal to do so (breached copyright laws).
    Aspiration Hosting
    The 1st High-Performance Hosting Solution in Malaysia

    Coming Soon......

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    I can only think of Exabytes. I use Exabytes

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Kuching, Sarawak, MY
    Posts
    955
    Rep Power
    236
    1. bandwidth getting expensive. no more free unlimited usage. if u offer public download, that can go up to 10mbps, u'll have to fork out thousand of ringgit. not the RMXXX per year value you're paying for.

    2. public downloads takes high cpu usage on a shared hosting. vps/dedicated is recommended for such usage. hosting it on shared server is unfair because of shared/limited resources.
    www.Hive.my - Hive Hosting #1 East Malaysia Web Host!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kajang
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GobalaKrishnan View Post
    I can only think of Exabytes. I use Exabytes
    me too... i'm use xStudent package...
    will renew on Feb 2009...
    i hope the price is same...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Local hosting(Malaysia) VS Oversea Hosting
    By InSpiron in forum Websites Review and Suggestion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 12:22 PM
  2. Who is the next leader of Malaysia?
    By JLHC in forum Mamak Stall
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 30-07-2008, 09:30 AM
  3. US hosting or Malaysia Hosting??? pls suggest...!!
    By kentkoh in forum Paid Hosting Discussion Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 12:21 AM
  4. Malaysia Web Hosting
    By woaini in forum Web Hosting Offers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 01:59 PM
  5. Internet Marketing Leader Inc (www.internetmarketingleader.com)`
    By kickstart2 in forum Websites Review and Suggestion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2006, 08:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.0 RC1 PL1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113