Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: may i have some advise

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Exclamation may i have some advise

    i am a newbie of learning to be a host of a web, i would like to do some bussiness on internet, but the question is wat kind of Web Hosting are more suitable for me? can i get any advise from u? thx!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    168
    Hello,

    If your business is a critical ones, you go for quality hosting rather than dirt cheap hosting.

    Key of online business is the uptime

    Can you imagine if google or youtube offline for 1 hour ?

    Thank you,
    Fivio.com | Customize Solutions
    Webhosting - Dedicated Server - Managed Colocation

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Tips before choosing any webhosting

    1. Check the bandwith. The higher the faster the better.
    2. Your content. Is it big or small in term of size.
    3. Your ROI. Of course you don't want to end up losing money
    4. Check the sempoihosting website since you're in KL. The company registerd office is in Selangor.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    -
    Posts
    365
    Rep Power
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by juzplay View Post
    i am a newbie of learning to be a host of a web, i would like to do some bussiness on internet, but the question is wat kind of Web Hosting are more suitable for me? can i get any advise from u? thx!
    What do you mean by "host of a web"? Are you looking for hosting for your webste? Or are you looking to become a web host?

    What sort of business do you want to do on the internet? Are you wanting to sell products online using e-commerce?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mylinear View Post
    What do you mean by "host of a web"? Are you looking for hosting for your webste? Or are you looking to become a web host?

    What sort of business do you want to do on the internet? Are you wanting to sell products online using e-commerce?
    i looking 2 become a web host, may i have any advise from you?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    -
    Posts
    365
    Rep Power
    166
    Read up on the internet about web hosting. You can use Google to find many articles on definitions, FAWs etc. Create a business plan of what you want to do, who your target market is, what sort of services you want to provide, how much money you want to spend etc etc. Once you have all the details in your plan, you can start implementing them one by one.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mylinear View Post
    Read up on the internet about web hosting. You can use Google to find many articles on definitions, FAWs etc. Create a business plan of what you want to do, who your target market is, what sort of services you want to provide, how much money you want to spend etc etc. Once you have all the details in your plan, you can start implementing them one by one.
    thx 4 ur advise, but i still have some things cant solve, such as how can i find a good programer, and a good web hosting company.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    -
    Posts
    365
    Rep Power
    166
    You have to look around and do your own research. For hosting companies, search for reviews on various companies. Or ask friends who are using a host for their opinions. For programmers, maybe you can search for some programming forums etc to see if you can find anyone there. Are you a company? Maybe you can advertise for a programmer. It will really depend on what exactly you are looking for and what your business plan is.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Mont Kiara
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by juzplay View Post
    i am a newbie of learning to be a host of a web, i would like to do some bussiness on internet, but the question is wat kind of Web Hosting are more suitable for me? can i get any advise from u? thx!
    try xthost.info

    is free...!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    MLK
    Posts
    405
    Rep Power
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by meow_1978 View Post
    try xthost.info

    is free...!
    Did you read the whole thread?

    I don't think you understand what the OP is asking for.
    Aspiration Hosting
    The 1st High-Performance Hosting Solution in Malaysia

    Coming Soon......

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    fitzheim.com
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by myrizal View Post
    1. Check the bandwith. The higher the faster the better.
    Sorry. I cannot agree on this. For business, uptime and technical support are the most important.

    Quote Originally Posted by myrizal View Post
    2. Your content. Is it big or small in term of size.
    Still, I don't agree. You can cramp a whole supermarket into 1GB of hosting space. Unless you plan to sell videos/mp3.

    Quote Originally Posted by myrizal View Post
    3. Your ROI. Of course you don't want to end up losing money
    Agreed. Low startup is important for new business.

    Quote Originally Posted by myrizal View Post
    4. Check the sempoihosting website since you're in KL. The company registerd office is in Selangor.
    Do I heard something bias? No need for that. If the targeted customers are from Malaysia, anywhere within this country will do.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. may i have your advise please?
    By juzplay in forum Other Webmaster-related Services and Promotion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-06-2008, 08:30 PM
  2. Autoresponder? Please advise.
    By gohpk in forum Other Internet Marketing Methods
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-11-2007, 03:48 AM
  3. advise me pls :)
    By muw360 in forum Paid Hosting Discussion Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 02:11 AM
  4. Need you advise
    By kromok in forum Domain Names
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-08-2005, 09:33 AM
  5. PLease advise =(
    By ronan in forum E-Commerce
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-04-2005, 09:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.0 RC1 PL1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112